Monday, June 7, 2010

Quality Auto

I don't know why I am posting this, I just really like it...
It's not a great sign, I guess I just see a lot of different things in the painting. This is a sign painted on the side of an old mechanic's shop in the heart of downtown Pinckney, Michigan. I have probably passed this sign as a teenager a hundred times and never noticed it, but recently was nearby and it just grabbed me. I guess just something about the combination of colors on the wall, the blue sky and the green trees makes me feel at ease...
like I'm a kid back in the 70's, with tube socks pulled up to my knees and on my Schwinn with the banana seat and sissy bars riding by while they work on a 72' Nova listening to Journey...


2 comments:

Matt D! said...

I love the 'Vette illustrating the "fiberglass" aspect of the bodyshop. I am not sure if they are still made of fiberglass these days, but that just shouts 1977, you know? it is amazing! A bygone era

Doug Dutton said...

Matt, you are so right! the style of each car is different in each one, almost like clip art!
I really love how in the last one under tune-ups the guy working is wearing dress cloths...
too good!